- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 med onion,cut in 1/2"dice
- 2 garlic cloves,coarsely chopped
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 lb. acorn squash,peeled,seeded, and cut in 1" chunks
- 1 bunch kale(3/4 lb.),ribs cut away ad discarded,leaves torn
- 5 1/2 c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14oz) cannellini beans,rinsed
- 3 sprigs thyme
- grated parmesan cheese,for serving
- In large Dutch oven or heavy pot,melt butter over medium. Cook onion and garlic until fragrant,3 mins;season with salt and pepper.
- Add squash and kale and cook till kale is wilted,about 3 mins;season with salt and pepper. Add broth,beans and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash and kale are tender,about 12 mins. Season soup with salt and pepper and serve with parmesan if desired.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
-- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
-- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
-- 1/2 cup plan dried breadcrumbs
-- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
-- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
-- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
-- 8 lamb chops (3 to 4 ounces each)
-- course salt and ground pepper
-- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl, combine mustard and garlic. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, rosemary and dried herbs: whisk to combine. Pat lamb chops dry with a paper towel and season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. With a basting brush, lightly coat lamb chops with mustard mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
In a large nonstick saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add half the lamb chops to pan and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining chops and oil. Let lamb chops rest 5 minutes before serving.