22 October 2009

Don't let the web get you down

Sometimes things do not quite work out as planned. I attempted to make chocolate spider webs yesterday and they were a disaster. I was up to my elbows in chocolate, adamant to make it work, but also deep down I knew I really needed a pastry bag. I tried to make my own makeshift one, then I got the brilliant idea to use a baster, then I had the awful time of getting dried chocolate out of said baster. It was a nightmare and I was super cranky, so I went on a quick walk, refocused my efforts and came home and made Halloween Blondies instead. No melted chocolate, no pastry bag.....more up my alley. I did manage to make one spider web, which was my first attempt and gave me the false hope they would all turn out. How foolish I was......

No comments: