16 June 2009

Lake Annette

Any lake that rhymes with Lisette is worth giving a try in my book. This past weekend Cameron took me on a new hike, he had only been prior once which was just a few weeks ago when we took the scouts on a camping trip. The trail is close to Seattle, easy to access and in good condition. The elevation gain is substantial enough to provide a moderate workout, but forgiving enough to level out at the last mile. Annette Lake is about 7.5 miles round trip, with an elevation gain of about 1,700 feet. The trail was slightly busy, but no slow hikers held us up at any point which was great. I am on a big sepia kick from CJ's graduation, so you are going to have to bare with me.
GETTING THERE: From Seattle drive east on I-90 and get off at Exit 47. Go right for .1 mile on Forest Road 55, and then left onto Forest Service Road 5590. Continue about .3 mile to the trailhead and parking lot, elevation 1,900 feet.

No comments: