13 May 2009

Tangy Chicken Skewers

How often do you see something in a magazine and think, "I am going to make that" file it away and never see it again? I know I do it a lot, so that is part of the reason this recipe is so exciting is because I actually followed through, it was delicious and I have made them several times. They are easy to make, but I will warn you the garlic lingers on your breath for a couple of days. Oh well, such is life.

Tangy Chicken Skewers:

let your bamboo skewers soak in water while you
cut up as much chicken as you want to serve
chop up 1 green onion
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp lime juice
1 garlic clove
combine in a ziplock bag and shake, shake, shake

in a food processor combine
1 red pepper
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 crusty piece of bread
1 tbsp sherry vinegar

put chicken onto skewers
barbecue or cook on stove for 5 min. each side, or until done

put sauce on the side
whip up some couscous or rice
add a vegetable
and voila- perfect for an impromptu dinner on the deck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

delicious!

im sorry i havent commented in the past few days... ive been cranky. but i did peruse all your pictures and they are just lovely!