02 January 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!



















A new year is like a blank slate, just full of possibilities. I decided this year to take the plunge and actually make some New Year’s resolutions for a change. To think them is one thing, but to put pen to paper makes them more concrete. I am quite pleased with the list I have compiled and I am looking forward to checking off the items one by one. For as long we have been married I have always wanted to cling to Christmas, well past its day of celebration, but this year was different…… This year I was over ready to move on. One motivating factor was I decided to throw a New Year’s Eve party and I did not want my guests to be confused as to whether they had mistakenly gone to a Christmas party, so all signs of Christmas were securely packed away well before Jan. 1st for the first time ever. Truth be told throwing a New Year’s Eve party was significantly more stressful than a Christmas party because you do not want it to be lame and ruin peoples night. New Years has always felt like a lot of hype and then it is midnight and you go to bed. When I was young staying up that late was a treat, but now it just seems to be a regular nightly occurrence. So the party in my opinion was not lame, we had a great turn out and I cannot think of a better way to ring in the new year than surrounded by friends both new and old. Cameron and I are very blessed, we made several new friends through moving and feel looking back that life works itself out as it should. The next morning we started the new year off right by sleeping in, I went on a long run in the rain and eating pizza and gelato for dinner. As one company has coined. “Life is good!!”


1 comment:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

We had such a great time! Thanks for including us. It was a fun group and we loved [almost] ringing in the new year w/ ya'all!