16 December 2008

Snow capped mountains majesty

Yesterday it was chilly, probably hovering around freezing for the high, but with the wind chill factor it was downright nippy. Nonetheless, my coworker and I made the trek down to Pier 55 to pick up some extra Christmas gifts. On our walk our faces froze and I was really wishing I would have not had not a hat, but a scarf....what was I thinking?? I was able to capture just a fraction of the brilliance of such a cool, crisp day. After work we packed up all those goodies and had every intention of mailing them that night, but needless to say they are still on our kitchen floor. Eight o'clock rolled around and we still had not had dinner so I decided to make something with whatever we just happened to have.... remnants of sausage, tomatoes, basil, thyme and asiago...because everything is just better with cheese. Once we filled our bellies with food, I of course made more food in preparation for our special guests tomorrow night. I just received a box full of books (thanks to my brother-in-law) and decided to try something new: Cranberry upside down cake for the occasion. After we wrapped up in the kitchen we headed down to Alki to capture the city skyline and the moon reflecting on the water. Cameron is becoming quite the photographer, so stay tuned to see his stellar shots from the evening.

1 comment:

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

Best dessert EVER! Hard to believe but it tasted even better than it looks. What a great evening. Wonderful food and wonderful friends!!!